Associate Buyer – Job Opening – Warners’ Stellian
Job type: Full time
Job location: Corporate Office – Saint Paul, MN
Job description: Warners’ Stellian is currently seeking a full-time Associate Buyer to join the merchandising team. An associate buyer will be responsible for meeting planned sales, margin and inventory turnover goals for assigned vendors. These objectives will be met through proper merchandise assortments and vendor management.
- Manages vendor performance to maximize profitability and achieve financial objectives
- Manages all aspects of the merchandise offering – selection, negotiation, pricing and disposition
- Develops assortments that support company goals and are customer focused
- Ensures merchandise selection meets and exceeds customer value expectations
- Presents products during assortment reviews and business reviews
- Attends relevant trade shows to observe market trends, gather product information, and establish business relationships with potential vendors
- Creates and enters purchase orders, reviews order confirmations for pricing accuracy and inventory availability, and communicates product availability status to Merchandising Team and store teams
- Must follow established replenishment guidelines to ensure adequate inventory levels to support projected sales
- Obtains information from vendors regarding product transitions and communicates status to Merchandising Team and store teams and creates sell-through plan for transition products
- Supports promotional execution process, including advertising preparation, point-of-sale signage execution, etc.
- Works with vendors to ensure timely payment of vendor chargebacks, volume rebates, merchandising funds, etc.
- Creates and maintains vendor program sheets which contain payment terms, shipping information, subsidy agreements, contact info, etc.
- Procures supplies, business forms, and miscellaneous items for the company, maintains adequate levels of inventory, and works with vendors to ensure competitive acquisition prices and consistent fulfillment
- Works with Purchasing Manager to evaluate financial information, current trends, and market changes that impact buying decisions and strategies
- Visits stores to evaluate merchandise mix and gain competitive information
- Represents Warners’ Stellian to the vendor community and must act within the established code of ethics
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical thinker
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to develop processes that monitor
- progress and performance for the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong merchandising and product skills
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-year college degree, 4 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Previous experience in buying, vendor management, inventory management, and/or retail
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Some overnight travel required
- Travel within the Twin Cities metro area required
- Must have reliable form of transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some nights and weekends required
- Minimum work week is 45 hours, although additional time may be required based on work load
- Will agree to follow standard operating procedures and abide by policies set forth by company
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Office/desk working environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Have questions? Email us
Warners’ Stellian is a family-owned and operated appliance retailer. We have nine stores in the Minnesota Twin Cities Metro area and one south of the Twin Cities in Rochester, Minnesota. Our corporate headquarters and warehouse is located in St. Paul near Dale Street and I-94 East. The company has a unique culture with strong values, high standards and a positive work environment.We offer competitive salaries and benefits and are always looking for individuals who really care about providing exceptional customer service.
To see all current job postings visit our employment page